The Natural EMF Protcol
Give your body the power tools it can use today!
February 25, 2022
by Karen Unsworth Berger, BAA, TFH
Disclaimer: This article is for general information and support, from my own personal experience and others I have worked with. It is not intended as medical advice. Always check with your medical doctor before taking supplements as some may not be right for you, or have interactions with medications!
Partially Updated August 23 (Part B - "Top 5 Interventions" summary only, is updated.)
"When I started working with Karen I was barely able to walk. Many months of chronic global pain and headaches had rendered me virtually immobile, and I was rarely able to leave the house. My doctor was at a loss for what was wrong with me and had me taking painkillers to cope.
I have always been incredibly sensitive and Karen recognised my pain and discomfort was largely a result of EMF exposure. Relief came soon after implementing Karen's regime and making her recommended changes in my home. Topical oil or oregano, magnesium cream, turmeric blend capsules, and structured water helped me to reduce the inflammation in my body, and subside the pain. The introduction of the Universal Foot Reflex Zones has proven to be especially helpful, particularly when I experience pain from long flights or train rides. A quick self reflexology session always alleviates pain and I enjoy keep up with a daily practice to maximise the effects. Karen and her incredible "Desert Island Solutions" gave me my life back, and I will be forever grateful."
Helen B. Age 50, Toronto
Sections at a Glance
Part A: EMF Info
Examples of conditions and illnesses associated with EMFs
A Simple and powerful solutions appear
Part B: the Natural EMF Protocol
Top Interventions to increase EMF Tolerance
Common foods to help your body cope with radiation
EMF's, Diet, and the Microbiome
Solutions for the Microbiome
Travel tips for safer flying and travel
Part C: The Home, Magnesium cream recipe
Simple strategies to reduce home EMF exposure
Make your own magnesium cream! (recipe)
Part A: About EMF's
There is growing concern today regarding the effects of Electromagnetic Fields (EMF),microwaves, and radio frequencies (RF), and especially the rollout of 5G. These are now an unavoidable fact of life for most people today. Even if one was to live alone on a remote island they would still be affected by satellites whose coverage includes every part of the earth. However there are basic things we can easily do to effectively reduce our exposure at least in our own homes, and give our bodies extra support to tolerate these un-natural man made frequencies. (Watch for more detail in my upcoming book “Home and Office Energy Medicine – Beyond Feng Shui”.)
The new 5G world wide roll out may increase the number and severity of EMF sensitivity, since it is 10x stronger than 4G, and is an addition on top of 4G which is still remaining in place.
I have seen the progression and effects of EMF sensitivity in myself and others, although many do no realise what is causing their symptoms, because for reasons of obvious conflict of interest, the extent of stress on the body from EMF is not disclosed. In some people it is so disruptive that they can no longer live "normal" lives.
The purpose of this protocol is to reduce or preferably eliminate symptoms from exposure, but even without symptoms it is wise to reduce exposure as much as possible in your home as a way of life. It is not just for the "electro-sensitive", but for others in your home including pets, who are at much as risk as we are. Reducing exposure will also "raise your base line" tolerance and support your body's natural energy and healing processes.
It is now well documented in research that our typical every day radiation exposure and EMFs are associated with many of today’s common illnesses, and may negatively impact the body’s ability to rejuvenate itself. With 5G, this will only be increased. However it IS possible to increase our tolerance and reduce the negative impact.
Common Sources of radiation exposure
So many things which we take for granted today emit significant EMFs. Some are easier to avoid simply by making making basic lifestyle changes that after a short time come naturally, like turning off your wifi at night, or putting your cell on airplane mode.
Cell towers, high tension wires, dirty electricity, dimmer switches, fluorescent lighting, LED lighting/compact fluorescent bulbs, wiring, TV box, radar, flying in planes, cars, train, GPS, cell phone, hot tubs/whirlpool baths, battery and smart watches, computer, bluetooth, ear buds, wireless accessories/anything wireless, router, radio/antenna/satellite dish, smart meter, smart watch, smart appliances, microwave oven, transformers, battery quartz watch, clock radio, baby monitor, metal frame bed/box spring mattress (pick up and emit radiation from wall wiring), electrical appliances, waterbeds, metal spring mattresses, electrical panels, motors/motorcycles and other transportation, flying, microphone/amplifiers, electric guitar, all electrical devices and tools, some smoke and gas detectors.
Tattoos, some nail polishes and lipsticks, metal jewelry/ watchbands:
What do these have in common? Heavy metals, and metals. In themselves metals do not emit radiation, but they react to it and attract it. I was amazed when Sheena Symington, founder and president of the Electro Sensitive Society (www.electrosensitivesociety.com) advised me that people have contacted her who had been fine, but as soon as they got tattoos, they suddenly became electrosensitive. She explained that most inks for tattoos are loaded with heavy metals, and turn the body into a type of antenna.
If you already have tattoos, it is even more important
to follow the recommendations below.
The same goes for many commercial nail polishes, metallic polishes, and especially shellac. If you love manicures, purchase your own enamel style polish from a health food store, and bring it to your manicurist to use. Typically base and top coats are fine. Shades of commercial lipstick often contain heavy metals in the colouring.
Metals in clothing, shoes/accessories, and jewelry also attract electrical fields. Rhinestones typically contain lead. It is best to go as metal free as possible to take this out of the equation and raise your health base line!
Examples of conditions and illnesses
associated with EMFs:
Working with clients and volunteers over the years has shown me the heart and pancreas energy appear to be especially affected, and may display symptoms such as arrhythmias and diabetes. My Kinesiology work has also shown strong evidence of thymus and thyroid energy stress, however it may impact the body on many more levels, whether we are aware of symptoms or not. Stress, regardless of the source, can cause high cortisol levels and hormone imbalance leading to other issues.
Other symptoms include;
fatigue, mental and emotional stress and poor sense of well being, pain, itchy skin, arrhythmia and other cardiac issues, brain fog / poor concentration, headaches, tinnitus, cancers, diabetes, ADHD, Alzheimers, depression, celiac disease and other digestive stress, calcium mishandling, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, lupus, osteoarthritis, digestive issues, sleep apnea, premature aging, infertility, and issues surrounding abnormal heartbeat have all been associated with EMF/Radiation exposure.
Many issues are related to mitochondrial and DNA damage, which in turn are also related to aging. DNA breakage is caused through free radicals produced by oxidative stress. (See my blog article on mitochondrial function - "Our Biological Fountain of Youth".)
A few personal examples
I have far too many personal examples to include them all here, but a few stand out, I believe many people can relate to this one. As a child in school, my parents were constantly getting notes from my teachers saying I wasn't paying attention, and was distracted and unable to focus. Sound familiar?
For some reason I was not able to settle down in school, but was fine at home in certain areas of our house. For example I was able to focus intensely for long periods of time on practicing piano, and able to reach grade 10 Royal Conservatory by age 10, yet at school this kind of concentration was not possible - as well as in my bedroom doing my homework. Our living room where the piano was located did have (indirect) fluorescent lighting, however I realised later when I could actually TEST the space using kinesiology, that the birch valences and wall paneling in the living room had a neutralising effect on the radiation, perhaps absorbing it in some way.
I was constantly overwhelmed by the fluorescent lighting but of course had no concept of EMFs, and didn't actually realise until years later that I was having continuous mild headaches, which explained moodiness depending on my environmet. I just knew I didn't like the fluorescent lights at school. I would ask the teacher to switch off the lights since we had large classroom windows, and some other kids would always chime in "yes turn them off".. The teachers would pause, looking very puzzled - some would turn the lights off and some wouldn't. When they did, it was a huge relief! Years later, it all made sense.
Teeth, Gums, Bone, and EMFs
I was a professional singer and pianist for many years, performing mainly in Europe 4 to 8 hours a day, 6 days a week, 11 or even 12 months a year (I loved my job!). Even though my teeth looked fine and my health was otherwise good, I had unbelievable problems with bleeding gums, abbesses and canker sores in my mouth. Dentists and hygienists were baffled. For many years I had used a regular microphone, then moved to a (wired) headset.
I developed a huge pocket between 2 back teeth in front of my left ear, exactly where the microphone headset wire touched my cheek.
No dental professional had any idea why this pocket appeared - the only one - they were truly baffled. When my mother began having health issues in 2010, I stopped performing full time, and was amazed when the dental issues cleared up. I went back to do a final contract 6 months later, and after 3 days, I had a canker in my mouth, plus aching in the pocket between my teeth where the microphone wire touched my cheek. It was an eye opening revelation! There have also been studies showing, for example, reduced femur bone density in men who carry their cell phone in their pocket, on that side.
8 Year old boy
I had first became consciously aware of the EMF problem around 2000. My cousin was a public school teacher, very conscientious and involved with student sports, plays, events, etc. One student was a sweet 8 yr old boy who she felt was extremely bright, but was very distracted and had behavioural issues. She sensed there was something wrong but didn't know what. She asked me if I could do a session with him to find out what was going on, I agreed, and she arranged with his mother for me to go to their home.
When I do a session I first have to do a series of accuracy checks to make sure the muscles are locking and unlocking properly, but there was nothing i could do to get that boy's muscles to lock. They were like jelly. We were doing the session at the dining room table, and I suddenly my attention was drawn to the overhead chandelier, and I got up to switch it off the light. Presto - the boy's muscles worked perfectly.
The EMF from the chandolier was
a huge stress on his little body.
Unfortunately I did not have solutions back then, and didn't know where to start - all I could tell his mother was that he seemed to be electro sensitive and to reduce exposure as much as possible - such as remove his clock radio from beside his bed, use lamps instead of overhead lights, etc. Cell phones and computers were not such an issue then. This little boy has always been a motivation to me to find solutions for this issue.
My parents were professional figure
skaters who skated well into their 80's, so healthy diet and fitness
were always a priority in our family.. But in retrospect, we didn't understand the effect of EMFs would have on my father.. Environment is often overlooked.
What we didn't understand was the effect of EMF's and my father suffered the health effects despite a fantastic diet and active lifestyle . He was a real techie - an enthusiastic computer, electronics and HAM radio buff, worked in the communications business, and was continuously exposed to high EMF in his career. He even had a small HAM radio antenna attached to the roof outside his study, and wiring across the headboard of their bed with about 8 switches for various things, and his router on his desk.
He ended up with heart issues around age 60 - we were puzzled as to why, considering his excellent lifestyle. He identified an excellent holistic MD, Dr. Zoltan Rona, who got him off medications, but again 25 years later he was exposed to another layer of stress - strong chemical toxicity (VOC's) at their church during extensive renovations, and the heart problems came back. Looking back I believe he could not recover at home because his stress "base line" was too high due to the continuous high EMF exposure from his home both in his bed, and study, where the router was also located.
I would try to test him to find out why he was feeling sick and tired despite great diet and lifestyle but like the little boy, could not get his muscles to lock - he would lie down on his bed, and felt even worse, mainly with chest pain and fatigue. His "figure skater's knees" also degenerated quickly.
Shortly after he passed on from a heart attack in 2004, a friend gave me an enlightening book called "Geopathic Zones" by Luise Weidel, and everything suddenly made sense. His death has been the main motivating factor that started my exploration into EMFs, and how to protect ourselves. My parents had a spring mattress in their bed which I learned was picking up the electrical fields from the wall wiring, meaning his time in bed was stressful instead of healing. So I continued my search for solutions with even more motivation.
Blood Sugar Handling
I had noticed "blood sugar handling" starting to show in my clients in my Budapest practice starting in the early 2000's. We used omega 3 green powders such as chlorella at the time, to balance it. Then I noticed it on myself as well. It started one evening in 2004, living in Budapest. I had a glass of red wine with my dinner - we finished dinner and the glass was still 3/4 full, so I took it into my study to sip on while doing computer work. The glass was finished in 15 minutes!
I got up from the computer to refill the glass, then thought "why am I suddenly going through the wine so quickly - what's going on?"
Using Kinesiology testing while in front of the computer, I found that my blood sugar handling and pancreas were showing stress. I started searching on line, and found more related information to blood sugar and hormone imbalance from EMF exposure.
Dr. Magda Havas was the first researcher whose work I found exciting and gave me scientific confirmations in what I had been finding in my practice, in the early 2000's. She is a world leader in the study of EMF's at the University of Trent, Ontario, (see below link). She also believes there could be a 3rd type of diabetes, Type 3, which is triggered by dirty electricity, and cites a study with a 54 year old man who was diagnosed as "pre diabetic". His blood sugar is normal when he's out in nature, such as fishing, but as soon as he goes into a city environment his blood sugar rises. This man is likely not an exception.
2 tragic examples of possible EMF related dealths of public figures are Dr. Randy Pausch was a young, healthy, very fit professor with 3 young children, teaching at Carnegie Melon University. I came across the Ted Talk of his "last lecture" (see link below) where he discussed his terminal pancreatic cancer. He accepted it as fate, saying he was making the best of the cards he was delt. I wondered what subject he was teaching - if it was IT, and sure enough, he was in computer science. This was also around the time that Steve Jobs passed from pancreatic cancer - too much of a co-incidence, and that is when I delved more into the work of Dr. Magda Havas.
EMF researcher Dr. Martin Pall describes studies that show damage from two days on a cell phone is equivalent to 1600 x-rays. Funding for research on EMF safety was officially stopped in 1986, and since then it has been the fox guarding the hen house scenario. He describes massive misinformation coming from the telecommunications industry which seeks to discreditscientists and studies that do not support its own “research”. He makes reference to a specific study where young mice were paired up and placed in high and low radiation environments. The low radiation mice did produce healthy offspring, but by the 3rd generation, the high radiation mice were infertile. (See the link at the end for the interview with Dr. Pall.) Dr. Pall also investigated the results of many studies, and found consistent references to the mishandling of calcium caused by interference of EMFs with our cells' ability to restrict the flow of calcium into the cells.
Lloyd Burrell, is from the tech industry but suddenly became electrosensitive. He started an educational website, "Electric Sense" - in one of his newsletters he emphasizes how "studies show that EMFs damage your mitochondria (the tiny power houses in your cells responsible for energy and melatonin production) via an increase in oxidative stress, calcium levels increase (far too much) INSIDE your mitochondria leading to a lowered ability to generate ATP (energy)." This could account for the fatigue and general lack of energy which is a common complaint of many people today.
Finding extra support with supplements
Over the years I had found a few supplements to be very helpful - Oil of oregano was the latest, added in 2022. First we would reduce exposure - with varying degrees of success! If clients hadn't yet manifested obvious symptoms such as headaches or high blood pressure, they often didn't have the motivation to reduce exposure. There are a few easy supplements which can make a dramatic improvement, quickly.
- Oil of oregano, topically applied (see details below)
- Omega 3 (fish oil for men and children, flax oil for women), 1 capsule 2 x day.
- Magnesium - topical spray, cream (recipe below to make your own), or Magnesium L Threonate to take orally. EMF stress uses up extraordinary amounts of magnesium for the process of counteracting an excess of calcium in the cells (see Dr. Martin Pall link, below), which most of us are deficient in anyway due to diet and depleted soils - when ever increasing EMF exposure is added, we have a real problem.
- Chlorella (1/2 tsp 2 x day) helps to remove heavy metals from the body, for those who eat sushi, seafood, or have had metal fillings. Metals turn the body into a type of antenna, which attracts EMFs and can increase sensitivity. Heavy metals detox should be done under the guidance of a medical professional who is familiar with this.
The Simplest and one of the most powerful Solutions Appears - Oil of Wild Oregano! How it Happened...
Very recently my husband I had been vacationing in Mallorca Spain with close friends who reside in Germany. With the four of us in the car, I suddenly noticed an intense headache coming on, my pulse became erratic and fast, itching skin especially on my face, neck, and upper chest, and even laboured breathing. It developed into the most severe headache I've ever had lasting several days (I'm not a "headache" person) - it felt like the center of my brain was being fried with a laser. I wondered if perhaps there were communications towers in the area, but my symptoms seemed too extreme even for that.
I had a variety of therapeutic quality gemstone bracelets with me which have always been helpful (see blog article on semi precious stones) so I tested the right combination to balance the symptoms. By wearing them 24/7 I was able to function normally and eliminate symptoms for the rest of the trip. I wasn't "right", but much better and able to function. I then discovered our friends had the newest 5G enabled phones and later wondered if that could have been the problem since Spain, along with Italy, were early to jump on the 5G bandwagon with a full rollout. I had always been able to protect myself against symptoms from cell phone exposure but these devices were much stronger.
NOTE: it was interesting to note the only time I felt really good on that trip was when swimming in the ocean, submerged up to my neck. All symptoms seemed to temporarily disappear. This could have been due to the grounding, and high mineral content
of the Mediterranean.
Shortly after we returned home, my husband came home with the same 5G enabled phone as our friends had, and the problems, although less severe, started again - especially in the car. I started to panic, thinking "I can't take this".. I always look to nature for answers, and thought about the many culinary herbs in our garden - herbs are nutrient dense, and contain powerful essential oils.
I walked around the garden holding my husband's new
5G phone, testing my stress levels in relation to a variety of herbs.
Oregano was very effective, as well as thyme to a lesser degree.
I remembered using "oil of oregano" years ago, and found a small number of research studies on Oil of Oregano and radiation exposure. There was enough to suggest there could be science supporting this "discovery". I went to my local health food store who carried 7-8 brands of Oil of Oregano, and found the supplement version "Oil of Wild Oregano" tested the best of all the brands and types on the shelf. If you don't see that, oil of oregano essential oil appears to work well also.
I started off taking it orally as I bought the oral supplement version - I took 2 drops (in red grapefruit juice) and IMMEDIATELY after the first dose I noticed a sense of calm, relief, and physical support or "strength". The panic was gone. I was even able to hold my husband's new cell phone without any notable distress. Driving in the car with his phone on, was also fine. However it is not good to take it internally over long periods of time, and I found that using it topically (diluted) is just as effective for EMF support. To dilute, add 6 drops oil of oregano to 3T olive oil and apply 5 drops to the thymus gland 3 x day. 4 x or more as needed if you are very electo sensitive . (This combination is much more synergistic that other oils such as jojoba.) If you need it many times in the day in the beginning, chances are you will be able to reduce it to 2 or 3 x day as you introduce other support listed below.
Golf - A testament to the effectiveness of Oil of Wild Oregano!
A week or so later my husband and I decided to play a short round of golf. The week earlier we had golfed for the first time at a new 9 hole par 3 course. When we arrived we saw that it (like many golf courses!) was located directly under 10,000 volt high tension wires. Normally I would have never returned a second time, but it seemed like a good opportunity to test the effectiveness of the Oil of Wild Oregano with the high voltage. I did not have any of my usual symptoms which included irregular heart beat. I still would not go back because the first rule is "reduce exposure"!
Finding a Simple, Universally Effective Protocol
Luckily I had brought along tools which got me through that trip to Mallorca, but most people don't have these. Since then, I have tested oil of wild oregano on multiple individuals of different age groups and genders.
Every single person I have tested has shown a significant increase in tolerance to 5G enabled cell phones after using the Oil of Oregano.
It should be used in combination with topical magnesium spray or cream (see cream recipe below), and also chlorella - more on these later. We are all different, but the basic physiological mechanics of the human body should be relatively consistent. I wondered if this could be part of an easy, low cost or essentially free, natural protocol that would be helpful for most people - even those who are debilitated by today's EMFs.
6 Universal Foot Reflex Zones, and EMFs
I stumbled onto this 6 months after the discovering the benefits oil of oregano for EMFs. Please read my recent blog on the "6 universal foot reflex zones". These 6 zones on the feet on their own, are as effective as the oil of oregano when done regularly. Zone 4 on the left foot (pancreas) is especially relevant for electro-sensitive people, but the other zones must be cleared regularly for best results. When used together, at least for myself and others I have tested, the negative impact of "typical" EMF's and 5G is dramatically reduced to a minimal level.
And this protocol is completely free!
The role of the foot zones is to open up all acupuncture meridians and free them of symptom causing blockages. It is also important to eat a healthy, nutrient dense diet to give your body the raw materials it needs to carry out the healing process.
Part B: The Natural EMF Protocol
The top priority is to reduce exposure in your personal space as much as possible, in order to reduce your base line stress levels. Details on mitigating EMFs in your home are listed below under part C.
These are considerations such as how you use your cell phone, and simple modifications related to your computer, home, personal work space, and to some degree your car. (more below.) Always check with your doctor before starting new supplements as some may interact with medications, or not be suitable for you personally.
Also consider the type of work you do when evaluating your exposure - are you continuously in front of the computer or working with electrical or motorised devices or equipment? Do you have high exposure to LED and Fluorescent lighting? This would also include careers such as hairdressers, drivers, dentists, and hygienists, drivers, pilots, teachers in the classroom, landscaping, etc.
The 5 Top interventions:
A summary of the interventions are listed somewhat in order of priority for most people, depending on your current lifestyle. (Details of each are given below under "DETAILS".) Clearly, removing as many sources of EMF/radiation exposure as possible from your home environment (see part C below) is the first priority. This will reduce your body's stress baseline and help to restore its own natural energy balance.
Look through the list below and see what you can start today - many of these interventions do not require purchases. Right now, you could probably do #1, the thymus tap, followed by Central and Governing release points, and Left Right body polarity under "Other Helpful Strategies". See "Desert Island Solutions" for charts and details on the foots zones.
Oil of oregano under #1 so far has tested the single most important item on the list for most people to start with, so if you don't already have oil of oregano, that purchase is a priority... One small bottle will last at least 1 year. Chances are you already have white vinegar in your home for clearing your home and clothing of stress. Start today wearing only natural fibers! You may find it empowering to go through your closet and get rid of everything that does not support your healthy, balanced body!
Power Up your Body with "The Natural EMF Protocol"!
First, lower EMF exposure as much as possible, reduce dietary stress, and wear as much natural fiber/non metal clothing as possible. This will reduce your body's base line stress levels to a more natural state. The following are tips to increase strength and energy.
SUMMARY of Top Priorities and Other Helpful Strategies
1. Essential oils - especially Oil of Oregano. (diluted for topical use only). TIP: mix oils with the carrier in a pyrex measuring cup, then pour into small dark glass bottles. I have found that some common brands of essential oils do not test well. Aura Cacia and Divine Essence are reliable brands. OIL OF OREGANO: (dilute 6 drops oil of oregano per 1T olive oil).
- Apply 4 drops diluted oil of oregano on thymus gland area and tap the thymus gland lightly approx 15 times. 2 x day
- Wipe the residue up the throat from the thymus to the thyroid gland
- approx. 3-5 drops on foot zones of each foot - as needed to cover zones.
- If you have tinnitus or ear issues, apply 1 drop each side behind the ear lobe at the top of the neck - in the indentation between your jaw bone in front, and neck muscle behind. 2 x day
If you have had head trauma such as concussion, apply 1 drop to each of the 3 cranial points 2 x day for 1 week, or longer if needed. OIL OF THYME formula: (dilute 10 drops oil of red/white thyme in 1T olive oil.) Apply to foot zones 3, 5 and 6.
2. Foot zones and energy exercises (Continuity of Energy flow throughout the body): also thymus tap reset, Central Governing points, K27 points (hitchhiker thumbs), 3 Cranial points
3.Environment: Clear stressful "Low Energies" from your home environment. Declutter, and use white vinegar spray (1 part vinegar, 3 parts water) spraying around the rooms/halls and porous surfaces including wood, energetically clear bedding and clothing using 1 cup white vinegar in laundry "fabric softener compartment". Thyme essential oil on foot zones 3,5 and 6 supports keeping your body's energy clear. Make a Thyme "power blend" and add 3/4 tsp to a meal twice a day, or make a tea with 3/4 tsp thyme blend and 1 cup hot water. (2 x day) This will help to prevent absorption of negative environmental frequencies and energies.
4.Grounding: Ground preferably connecting to nature such as bare/sock feet on the grass/stone/concrete (not wood), or place bare or cotton sock feet on a concrete basement floor or balcony. Best grounding is barefoot, or wear leather soled shoes such as authentic (leather only) soled moccasins in cold weather. Grounding mats/tools CAN be helpful in cold weather, depending on where you live and the wiring in your home. (NOTE: Be cautious using grounding tools as people have been injured due to faulty wiring and dirty electricity in their homes, as well as electrical currents in the outside soil. I have not seen this personally, however these cases have been reported. If you live in a rural area away from high tension wires and towers, or in most cases, it is likely fine.)
5. Anti inflammatory diet - limit excess oxalates, nightshade vegetables (especially tomatoes, sweet peppers, aubergine), refined sugar, Omega 6 fats (from seed/vegetable oils) all of which can cause inflammation. Focus on an organic, high energy diet (including Power Herb Blends, Turmeric Blend.) Lower oxalate foods are listed below, but since oxalates are water soluble, boiling some high oxalate foods such as spinach, kale, potatoes, and yams, then draining well, will remove most of the oxalates. Then you can finish as you like - fry in butter, add salt/herbs, etc.
6. Limbic Reset: The purpose of the limbic reset is to help the limbic system return to normal balance after a trauma such as concussion, illness such as covid (or vax injury), or any event which suddenly "throws one off" their natural balance causing long term symptoms. They may have had high EMF or chemical exposure, or lost a loved one, which may have caused hypersensitivity. This is a simple "Brain Gym" combo which takes 5 minutes 2 x day for 2 weeks.
Other Helpful Strategies
1. Semi Precious stones: metal free Pale blue Amazonite bracelet/necklace. To improve the energy in your home, place a few Rose Quartz pieces, and a piece of clear quartz in a selenite bowl on your bedside table. Place Amethyst in your bathroom and kitchen near the taps.
2. Other important Supplements for EMF support:
- Topical magnesium (cream or spray. See cream recipe at the end of this article.) 3 x day on thymus.
- Vitamin C with flavanoids (Thorne brand is good), 2 gm/day (2 + 2 caps)
- Vitamin D, for immune system and hormone balance. Most women require about 6,000iu, and men about 7,000iu/day. Check with your doctor.
- NAC supplement or NAC rich foods to increase glutathion production, protecting agains free radical damage from EMFs.
- Omega 3 for brain support, and also may help to displace harmful omega 6 in some cells.
- Quercetin - powerful anti oxidant. You can likely get enough from eating 1 apple/day, preferably organic Gala (unless you have an apple tree!), and peeled as the skin is high in oxalates if you are eating them every day.
- Regular exercise routine to support the pancreas - walking or walking with light weights, yoga or tai chi, or if over 40 look into Kaatsu training to build strong muscles safely with light (1lb) weights.
1. Thymus energy support: Thymus tap, Oil of Oregano (diluted for topical use)
Thymus energy support appears to offer the greatest overall benefit when you are starting out on this protocol. The thymus gland is key for life force energy, hormone balance including adrenal "fight or flight" stress, and for the immune system. You can do the tap then apply oil consecutively, 2 x day.
Thymus Tap: Humans are the only primates who do not habitually pound their chest (except perhaps some athletes!) The reason primates do this is to stimulate strength and power - it acts as a reset and energiser for the thymus gland.
Simply tap your thymus gland area quickly with your 5 fingertips about 10-20 times for a few seconds. (It is located under the slight rise in the center of the sternum about 2" below the sternal notch at the base of the throat)
Oil of Oregano - Topical
Oil of oregano is VERY concentrated, and this mild dilution is very low cost - one small bottle will likely last at least one year. Buy either oral supplement grade (pictured above) or organic essential oil of oregano.
The manufacturer legally must print an expiry date on the bottle, but the fact is, as I was told by a company rep - "nothing can ever grow in it" as it is so concentrated and high in anti mold properties.
- Mix 6 drops oil of oregano per 1 T olive oil in a measuring cup (preferably use Greek olive oil, which tends to be pure and not adulterated with cheap oils like Italian olive oil often is). I usually make 2T at once, to fill a small glass bottle.
- The olive oil is a bit thick for typical dropper inserts, so I use no dropper, and tip the bottle against a finger for the equivalent of 1 drop. Massage 4 drops into the thymus area, 2 x day.
NOTE: Apply oil of oregano blend to CRANIAL POINTS (See Image chart above). If you have experienced head trauma such as concussion, or if most of your symptoms manifest in the head area, you can also apply one drop to each of these 3 cranial points along the midline of the skull separating the left and right brain, 2 x day for about 1 week. Hold each point lightly with 2 fingers for about 20 seconds. The 3 points are, in order,
- The occiput (bump in the center of the back of the head, about 1" up from the bottom of the skull)
- Anterior fontinel (baby's soft spot at the top center of the head - can feel tender to press)
- Posterior fontinel (upper back of the skull approx. 3" above the occiput. Find the exact spot by pressing - it may feel tender.)
2. Continuity of Energy: Keep the energy of your home environment, and linens/clothing, light and clear. It has become clear that very electrosensitive people are not just sensitive to EMF frequencies, but also to other stressful frequencies. (To read more detail about this subject see my blog article "Home and Office Energy Medicine".)
In most cases these low energies are very fast, cheap, and easy to clear from your living space. Keeping your body clear from absorbing them in the future is also easy.
Think about how you feel going into an antique shop. You may have noticed they have a heavy energy - personally I won't go in unless I have to, and I make it quick! Or a museum, or even someone's house that has a heavy feeling... The reason for this is that unpainted wood, and other porous materials such as paper and fabric, absorb stressful low energies. Much of this energy comes from people's emotions and state of being - it can be "mass consciousness", or an individual's stress, fear, anger, illness, sadness, etc. EVERY home has them, and everyone, no matter how wonderful and beloved, leaves an energetic "footprint". Our bodies absorb this and can manifest the low energies as physical pain, physical or mental illness, or different types of emotional distress. This does affect everyone, but moreso the electrosensitive. These energies are typically very easy and cheap to clear, and you will instantly notice a lovely lightness in your home environment.
All you need is plain, cheap white vinegar that you might use for cleaning, a large spray bottle that sprays a fine mist, and tap water!
Fill the spray bottle with 25% vinegar (not less), then fill it with tap water - or - 1 part vinegar, 2 parts tap water. Hold the bottle a few feet from the item, and "dust" with a fine mist. Start with your living room, then spray through every room, hallway, entry, closet, and stairway in your house. Spray around the room like you are spraying air freshener, then spray up and down the corners, inside closets including lightly spraying clothing hanging there, the underside unpainted wooden tables, chairs, one spray inside drawers, under the upper cabinets in the kitchen - anywhere that energy can get trapped. Spray all wood (carry a soft cloth to dry it if desired - it just takes a few seconds to clear), the under side and legs of tables and chairs, curtains/blinds, carpet, unsealed wooden floors.. All porous surfaces.
The first time you do this clearing, it is important to get into every corner and hidden space, but after that, clear it lightly once a month or more often if you have guests. We need more detail the first time - then after that, focus mainly on spraying lightly over upholstered or leather furniture, blinds and curtains etc. The more porous the materical the more quickly it absorbs stressful energies. If the house is sprayed regularly, it will not have a chance to reabsorb fully into harder porous surfaces like wooden furniture. Hard surfaces such as glass, metal, and porcelain do not absorb low energies.
Clothing and bedding also absorb low energies - this is easily cleared by adding 1 to 1 1/2 cups of vinegar to the fabric softener compartment in your washing machine. Note that if you have discomfort in a specific part of your body - for example hip or knee - then your jeans will be absorbing the stress in that area. For something like a down duvet, hang it outside for 1/2 hour when you change your sheets. If it is something such as a coat that needs dry cleaning, just spray it lightly with the vinegar spray or hang it outside for 1/2 hr. Everything will feel fresher and lighter.
To keep YOUR BODY's energy clear and avoid re-absorbing low energies:
There are several strategies that will slow down absorption of low energies that you don't have control over, outside of your home..
- This is still being tested, but it appears Central and Governing Clearing Points (see below "Other Helpful Strategies" #1) release undesirable energies your body might be hanging on to.
- Take higher doses of vitamin C (check first with your Doctor!) I find that 2,500 mg a day, split into 2 doses is very effective. Ascorbic acid on it's own is not good - it is best to take it with a natural source of vitamin C such as stirring 1/4 tsp (1,000mg) into 1/4 cup unsweetened red grapefruit juice or strong rose hip tea.
- Add 1/2 cup baking soda to warm bathwater and relax in it for 15 minutes. This will release low energies from your body.
- Wear dark purple amethyst on your body, such as in your pocket. Jewelry such as bracelets will not work if they contain metal. Rinse the stone in cold running water every morning before putting it in your pocket.
3. Wear natural fabrics, avoid wearing metals - avoid polyester, acrylic. (Nylon and spandex are acceptable.) Wear natural fibers, avoid wearing metal jewelry or clothing/accessories with a lot of metal. Metals tend to act a bit like an antenna, attracting EMFs. Avoid metals such as watches, jewelry, dental work, clothing and accessories such as purses (especially purse straps that have metal), large belt buckles, metal buttons/zippers, glasses, etc. Tattoo ink normally contains metals - if you already have them, be vigilant about avoiding other metals, or have it removed.
For more details on clothing fabrics, see my blog article "My Favourite Hacks". Polyester is not toxic in the sense of off gassing, but it is toxic to the energy field, (like lead crystal), lowering our body's energy levels dramatically. For example the life force energy of a healthy person of 70% will immediately (temporarily) drop to about 20% the second they put on clothing containing polyester - even a poly/cotton blend such as a sweat shirt. Acrylic is just as harmful, but is not used nearly as much. Polyester is everywhere - in thows, blankets, toys, fluffy soft socks and housecoats, sportswear, yoga wear etc.. it can be very tempting but it will drain your energy and cause ill health. Nylon is the "best" synthetic with quite a neutral effect on the body energetically. The reduction in the body's energy field from wearing synthetics will also reduce your body's healing energy, and can exacerbate already existing pain. If you have body pain or pain of any kind, see how much better you feel dressing only in natural fibers. Take note of what you are wearing if you feel pain - this includes shoes - some synthetic shoes are better than others - wear cotton socks in running shoes.
Another example - If you have hip or knee pain, avoid polyester leggings and coats. Do you have erratic heart beat from EMFs? Make sure you are wearing 0 polyester especially over the chest area. In fact high quality fabrics such as silk, merino wool, and cashmere actually INCREASE your life force energy - even if it's only a scarf. Wear it around the house, or in the car - any type of travel. Natural fibers include cotton, bamboo, wool, silk, viscose, rayon, wool - especially merino wool and cashmere, alpaca. In coats, be careful of the linings which are often polyester satin. Look for Cupro lining, which is made from cotton, or nylon. I found an excellent quilted jacket made from nylon with ethically sourced down lining. There is more complete information about the best options in "My Favourite Hacks blog".
4. 6 Universal Foot Reflex Zones - Please read my blog article on this - this "foot reflex" treatment is very unique in that it helps to clear all acupuncture meridians so the body is able to self heal. Do this 2 x day, paying special attention to zone 4/left foot (pancreas), which is the main energy blockage region from EMF exposure. This one may take a bit longer, or have several very tender spots.
5. Grounding ("Earthing"): Grounding is excellent support against inflammation, and to help us achieve electrical balance by absorption of electrons through the feet. Weather permitting, this can easily be one of your first few hacks to do today, as it is a "desert island solution" - free and available. (See my "Grounding" blog article.) Place your bare feet on the ground today for at least 1/2 hour, or touch or lean against a tree with bare hands or skin - this will load up your body with anti-inflammatory electrons covering the surface of the earth. We have been deprived of these electrons since the introduction on rubber soled shoes (insulating) which replaced leather soles (conductive) around 1960. Today's high tech environment is positively charged, compounding the problem.
Getting your bare feet on the ground, beach, concrete, grass, brick, or stone, outdoors for at least 30 minutes a day (the more the better) is ideal but clearly dependent on weather conditions. You can now purchase basic grounding tools such as a grounding mat for the computer, and grounding pillow case for your bed – use it under your standard cotton pillow case. It can also be easily packed in a suitcase for travel. (Note you may need a different adapter end when traveling - check with your supplier.)
I have heard understandable concerns about plugging these tools into the ground of electrical outlets due to "dirty electricity", however so far in my experience I have not come across this problem. If you are hesitant, or you live in an older home which has no grounded outlets, you can purchase an optional grounding rod which a fine wire you can run outside your window and stick into the ground, connected to a grounding mat under the bottom sheet of your bed, or at your desk under your bare or sock feet.
To purchase grounding products, the main site in USA is www.earthing.com, but you can purchase in Europe from www.goundology.co.uk, and in Canada from www.goearthing.com (Photo from emfplanet.com)If you don't have access to "ground", bare feet on concrete (such as balcony), stone, ceramic tile, grass and earth, and sand - especially wet - are all good. Wood and tar are not conductive.
6. Diet: Low oxalate diet, include organic vegetables, Power Herb Blend, Turmeric blend.
If you are electro sensitive and have symptoms such as body pain, it is important to follow a low oxalate diet. A low oxalate diet is key to reduce inflammation - my first alert to this was working with an electro sensitive client who was debilitated with body pain. The first priority in her session was to eliminate the large almond milk based smoothie she drank every morning. I thought it was odd, and we didn't realise why at the time, but then discovered almonds are very high in oxalates. The inflammatory effects of EMFs seem to aggravate this. It can also manifest as stiffness in your hands, knees, back, etc. It is important not to cut out oxalates "cold turkey" as that can result in an "oxalate dump", which can be painful. Do it gradually, and take activated charcoal as directed for about 2 wks to help bind to the oxalates and remove them from your body.
Limit high oxalate foods such as nuts/almonds/almond milk, dark chocolate, spinach, kale, coffee (don't worry - normally 1-2 cups is fine if you cut down other oxalates!), black tea, lentils, chick peas, whole grains (especially wheat), and beans. There are many high oxalate food lists available on line. Oxalates are water soluble, so in some cases boiling can reduce them enough - although this may not be the case for kale. Drain greens thoroughly (or rinse), then fry or cook as you like after that. The boiling water is "toxic" so throw it out. Animal products such as meats and dairy to not contain oxalates.
Here is a list of excellent foods to include in a low oxalate diet.
- Animal products such as meats, dairy, fish, butter, cheeses, olive and coconut oil do not contain oxalates.
- Vegetables such as peas, green beans, avocado, cauliflower, cabbage, shitake mushrooms, onions, microgreens such as radish / sunflower/ broccoli/ pea, are low oxalate. Medium oxalate vegetables include asparagus, broccoli boiled in just a bit of water, boiled parsnips / turnips/ potatoes/ yams /spinach / kale.
- White organic Jasmine rice is the best grain to include, used as a base for lots of vegetables. LIGHT spelt flour is also good for baking, but the whole grain has oxalates.
- Fruits: apples (peeled), grapefruit, grapes, banana, nectarines, melons, plums, pinabpple, cherries
Substitutions for common high oxalate foods:
- instead of beans, lentils, and chick peas - use black eyed peas and split peas
- instead of wheat flour - use light spelt flour
- instead of dark chocolate - substitute a small amount of quality plain milk chocolate without nuts, such as Ritter Sport milk chocolate.
- instead of almond milk - use 1T organic hemp seed in 1 cup water to make hemp milk
- instead of sauteed spinach - well boiled/drained, THEN fry in butter/herbs as you like
- instead of baked or roasted potato/sweet potatoes - boil well until very soft, then mash
NOTE: Always structure blended drinks - after blending, stir briskly 40x left, 40x right creating a vortex - taste the difference!)
If you think you may be suffering from high oxalate inflammation, aside from cutting down oxalates, there are two anti inflammatory strategies that you can immediately implement.
Grounding, at least 1/2 hr 2 x day (see below)
Turmeric blend - either added to food or in 00 capsules (1/4 tsp each). The formula is: 3T organic turmeric powder, 4 tsp organic ginger powder, 1 1/2 tsp black pepper. I fill 00 capsules and take 3-6 per day, depending how much inflammation I can feel in my body. Some people have told me they enjoy adding the turmeric blend as is, to foods and smoothies. It also as a probiotic effect, helping to balance the gut and digestive bacteria.
Power Blend Herbs in your cooking and meals
This is a fabulous way to dramatically energise your food. Use organic dried herbs where possible.
Use at least 3/4 tsp per meal - more if you like. Add it to as many foods as possible - I even add it to my goat's milk yoghurt along with 1T organic hemp seed, and dark organic maple syrup. SO good!
1T black pepper
Use the Power Herb Blend in every meal possible, including in baking. For example, add 1 1/2 tsp to a making of banana bread. I also add 3/4 tsp to goat's milk yoghurt. These high energy herbs can dramatically raise the energy of your meals, including restaurant meals. As a general rule, add at least 3/4 tps of power herbs to each meal. (Most restaurant food has a life force of about 0% plus stress from bad oils but this blend can even boost restaurant foods.)
Choose foods which are supportive against EMF and high in anti oxidants, including:
- Shitake mushroom
- Green beans
- Pumpkin/dark orange squash, boiled yams
- Broccoli and especially broccoli microgreens
5 medium sized shitake mushrooms are one therapeutic portion, but you need this ideally 2 x day which is not always doable - I have found it is easier to make capsules from the powder, and I take 2 instead of the mushrooms when I don't get it in a meal.. One 00 gel cap = 1/4 tsp. Or, New Roots has a very good shitake mushroom powder capsule. Yams are also an excellent nutrient dense food high in protective anti-oxidants, but since they are high in oxalates they must be boiled. (Boil/drain, and mash, add butter and power herbs with Himalayan salt). Dark orange squash such as honey nut, and pumpkin, are excellent. (The larger butternut squash are not particularly beneficial.)
7. LIMBIC RESET: If you have had a trauma such as concussion, medical intervention, high chemical or EMF exposure, or traumatic event (such as death of a loved one) which has upset your system causing long term symptoms, you can do this Limbic System Reset to help stabilise and reset your limbic system to it's pre-trauma state. It is done in 3 parts, takes 5 minutes, twice a day for 2 weeks, and the exercises are from Paul Dennison PhD and Gail Dennison's book Brain Gym.
First, be aware of what you are trying to fix. ie if you have headaches from this trauma, touch your head first, or a sore arm, touch your arm, to bring up your body's awareness.
1. Lazy Eights: Stand looking straight ahead. Raise your right arm and draw a large "lazy eight" (horizontal 8) starting up and to the left, keeping your face straight ahead but following your fingertips with your eyes. Be aware of your breathing, inhaling through the nose, out through the mouth.
Do this as slowly as needed to keep your eyes focused on your fingers as they move around the eight. Sometimes they may want to "skip" certain areas of the 8. Draw 8 eights with the right arm, then 8 with the left (starting up and to the right). Then clasp your hands so your fingers are interlocking, a metaphor for left and right brain integration, and do 3 eights starting up and to the left.
2. Balance Buttons: Sit relaxed with your eyes closed (if you like), place 2 fingers at the center base of the scull in the indentation, and the other palm on the navel. Inhale up through the nose, exhale through the mouth slowly about 4-5 times, then switch hands.
3. Positive Points: Relax, close your eyes (if you like). Place 3 or 4 fingers over the center of each side of your forehead (above the eyeballs) half way between your eyebrows and hairline, breathing.. Do this for less than a minute - about 5 slow breaths.
Repeat this limbic reset 2 x day for 2 weeks. It starts working as soon as you do it the first time, but it will not hold and "reset" unless it is repeated for the two weeks.
Other Important strategies to include:
1. Central and Governing clearing points: These are 2 sets of 2 points which help to balance and release stress from the 2 main acupuncture meridians - They are a quick and effective "centering and reset" tool.... the central meridian (running up the center front of the body to the lower lip), and governing meridian (running up the spine and over the top of the head to upper lip).
They release stored stress on all levels - physical, emotional, mental, spiritual, as well as stressful energy which we pick up from our environment via other people and things (see above "Power UP your Body" #2).. For the first 2 days, repeat as often as you remember, such as every hour or two, at least 6 x day. Then repeat 2 x day for maintenance. An easy way to do this is to do it at the same time you do something else, such as the oil of oregano, or foot zones, or brush your teeth.
Breathing is a key part of this exercise - inhale through the nose for 5 seconds and exhale through the mouth for 5 seconds.. Hold each set of points for 5 full breaths. Focus on the exhale, and be aware that you are actually exhaling stress out of your body when holding these points.
TIP: If you like, you can also help your body to target specific areas by doing "Pre-tests"... showing it where you would like to release stress. To do this, "circuit locate" (hold the stress areas) such as your head if you get headaches, move your knee if you have a sore knee, your stomach if you have bloating, etc. Or if it's emotional/mental, think of the stressful situation and note how you feel. When you finish you can re-check these
- 2 Governing meridian points: Place 2 fingers side by side just above your upper lip, and 2 fingers on the other hand at the top of your head on the "baby's soft spot". (May be slightly tender.) Hold both at the same time, for 5 normal breaths, focusing on inhaling through the nose and deep exhale out the mouth.
- 2 Central meridian points: Then place 2 fingers side by side just under the lower lip, and 2 fingers on the other hand at the top/front of the pubic bone. Hold for 5 normal breaths, focusing on the breathing.
2. Semi Precious Stones: (see Semi Precious Stones blog, bracelet #4, for info and instructions to make your own). Semi precious stones can be fantastic support if used properly, and are metal free - metals negatively impact the energy of the stones when in contact with them. Pale blue Amazonite shows to be supportive and strengthening to the body for EMF exposure. Bracelet and necklace are metal free, made from pale blue Amazonite, selenite, and clear quartz. They are especially effective when combined with several other strategies. The upper chest thymus area is especially sensitive to EMF exposure - it is best to keep the area covered with either natural fiber clothing when exposed, or wear the necklace if you prefer an open neck or tank top.
An amethyst bracelet (#15) is very supportive for the healing process, as well as strengthening your body's ability to hold it's own positive energy. A dark purple amethyst in your pocket will also work - just be sure to rinse it every day before wearing under cold running water for about 20 seconds.
3. Magnesium topical supplement - This is the number 1 priority supplement to counteract negative effects of EMFs - I have been using it topically since 2004 (it absorbs better through the skin than digestive tract), however if you would prefer to take a supplement, Magnesium L Threonate is better absorbed than most. Magnesium protects from DNA damage, so supplying extra magnesium is vital. EMF's gobble up magnesium in huge amounts, leaving most of us deficient. Magnesium is a common deficiency without the EMF's due to depletion of our soils.
- TOPICAL SPRAY. Magnesium used topically is much more bio available than oral - you can buy magnesium spray to spray on your upper chest area, then wipe it up on to your throat over to support your thymus and thyroid gland. Commercial sprays can prickle, so if this happens, try diluting it a bit by wetting your hands with a bit of water, spray the magnesium at least 2 x into your palms and rub them together and apply.
- HOME MADE MAGNESIUM MINERAL CREAM: My favourite method is making a magnesium cream (recipe below at the end of the article). I apply 1/4 to 1/8 tsp of the cream 2 x day. I prefer this cream to the sprays as it is very gentle, and is also good for the skin on your face and neck.
- BATH: Epsom salts (magnesium sulphate) baths are another option but must be done at least every 2nd day - 2 cups of Epsom Salts in comfortably hot bath water, bathe for 15-20 min. If you like taking baths and take one every day, 1 cup of Epsom salts is enough. If you do not have a bathtub, you can also do a foot bath with Epsom Salts.
- Magnesium L-Threonate is an absorbable oral form of magnesium. I take 2 caps per day (1+1) as well as 2 topical applications - check first with your doctor before you take supplements. I like NAKA brand in Canada, and in USA it is available from mercola.com
4. Myrrh essential oil blend for heart chakra (also supports circulatory and pancreas energy)
This can be supportive if you have heart stress, such as irregular heart beat as I did, from EMF exposure. Myrrh essential oil is supportive for both heart and pancreas energy. Add 4 drops of Myrrh essential oil to 15ml jojoba oil in a small glass bottle. Apply 1 drop to the heart chakra (about 2" up from the base of the sternum") once a day in the beginning, or as needed. (I apply it every second day or so.)
The other benefit is on a spiritual level, especially in relation to EMFs. Myrrh has been used in spiritual ceremonies for thousands of years, and is often used with meditation. EMFs can be considered "anti-spiritual" invasive frequencies, and using Myrrh may counteract this effect. I use Desert Essence brand organic Myrrh.
5. Specific supplements: NAC (N Acetyl Cystine), Omega 3
Include NAC or NAC rich foods: This amino acid is vital as it is a pre curser in the production of one of our most powerful anti oxidants, glutathione, which can repair cellular damage from EMF exposure. Glutathione can be purchased as a supplement, but I have never found this to test well for people - it is better if our body makes its own using NAC. iNAC/Glutathione is very effective for repairing oxidative damage and other damage from EMF exposure.
I take one 500mg capsule, 2 x day. (Always check with your doctor first.) If you have high EMF exposure and symptoms such as headache, you may need to take up to 3-4/day, one at a time spread out over the day. NAC rich foods include pastured eggs, meats, gouda cheese, broccoli, and broccoli microgreens.
Omega 3 EFA: Omega 3 is especially important as an anti-inflammatory, to help balance against an excess of omega 6 oils, and to support healthy brain function.
I find generally women do better taking flax oil, either in capsules or oil form. Note that quality capsules are not easy to find as the the oils are so volatile in the presence of oxygen and light. Health food stores may sell Barleans or Flora brand capsules, and Flora oil is available in the refrigerated section. It is also good to get Omega 3 from multiple sources. I take 2 bottle caps of flax oil (on yoghurt or salad) 2 x day, plus 1T organic Hemp Seed on goat's yoghurt, 1 x day. I also eat a few sardines 2 x week.
Men do well with marine source Omega 3, such as Carlson brand (again, be careful of the brand as many are rancid). My husband takes 1+1 capsules/day plus 1T organic hemp seed on yoghurt, plus sardines. Mercury in fish is a real problem, but smaller fish such as sardines and anchovies are safer.
6. Left Right Body Polarity: This is an electrical correction. Since EMF sensitivity involves the body's reaction to electrical fields and body signaling, I was not surprised when this correction came up repeatedly for people suffering from electro sensitivity. This is a simple Kinesiology exercise to balance the polarity in your body. Do this 2 x day, for example when you brush your teeth, or as part of your regular routine - it takes about 1 minute. See photo above.
- make fists, fingertips touching your palms, thumbs sticking out like "hitch hiker" thumbs
- Cross your wrists and place your thumbs in the hollows under the collar bones, which is K27 (Kidney point 27) in accupuncture.
- Massage thumbs quickly in small circles about 10-15 times. Then remove the top hand and place it under the other one, massage again, then repeat. Switch the top hand back and forth at least twice each way.
NOTE: The switching of hands under and over relates to the 6 meridians (our body's electrical wiring system) that run down the top of the arms to the finger tips, and up the inside. By switching we are connecting all of the meridians.)
7. Exercise: Be sure you are getting regular exercise to strengthen pancreas energy, the lymphatic and circulatory system, muscles, bones, and joints which can all be negatively impacted by EMF. Have a walking routine, include some light weights - such as walking outdoors with the added benefit of connecting with nature (not on a treadmill which is typically high EMF) with very light weights working the arm and shoulders, and a regular stretching routine such as yoga or tai chi. Exercise is especially supportive for foot zones 4 (left foot/pancreas), 5 and 6....(See " 6 Universal Foot Zones" blog article.)
EMF’S, DIET, AND THE MICROBIOME:
According to Christine Rosche, board certified nutritionist specializing in digestive health, we have up to 100 trillion micro organisms collectively called the microbiome and 10 times the number of cells in our body. 99% in large intestine, and 2/3 of our immune lymphocytes are found in the small intestine. In fact, researchers found that levels of the “Enterococcus fetalis“ (EF) bacteria in the body, if present and overgrown, was found to be the best predictor of severe reaction to viruses, even over pre existing conditions such as diabetes, and heart disease, due to its inflammatory effect.
Prolonged EMF exposure (which includes everyone in the modern world ) causes disruption in the gut micro biome. When yeast and fungi are exposed longer periods of time (like carrying cell phone on your body) their growth starts to increase significantly, and grow out of control. Doctors have noticed tripling of autoimmune disease and other inflammatory diseases. Symptoms may not be as obvious as gut discomfort but have other issues related to fungus such as in the toe and fingernails, colds and flu, and inflammation in general and increase susceptibility in our most vulnerable areas as individuals. Oil of oregano also has a beneficial effect on the micro biome.
Be aware that refined sugar, hard alcohol, &
beer, can be even more destructive to the
micro biome under continuous EMF exposure.
Sugars combined with EMF are food for yeasts, fungi, and create a weak micro biome. There is also evidence the recent COVID 19 shots appear to possibly increase EMF sensitivity in individuals who have received them.
Doctors have noted the tripling of auto immune diseases in general in the last 20 years, caused by inflammation. EMF related symptoms include headaches, gut symptoms, tinnitus, fatigue and chronic fatigue, respiratory, cold and flu, Alzheimers, ADD, irregular heartbeat, fibromyalgia, infertility, and premature aging caused by DNA damage.
Solutions for the Microbiome:
- Reduce exposure as much as possible, and follow as many of the "top interventions" above, as possible.
- Eat a diet supportive to the body against negative effects of EMF with a lot of organic vegetables and a sprout salad every day. Keep refined sugar to a minimum, and if you must, eat it only as desert - bake your own deserts using sucanat sugar, or at least organic raw turbinado. Avoid hard alcohol and beer.
- Eat probiotic foods, and take a good probiotic supplement daily. Foods and supplements that specifically support the microbiome include:
Quality probiotic supplement
Herbs and foods with a prebiotic effect: Turmeric blend, Ginger, thyme, and cilantro (1/4 tsp dried organic herb per serving), bok choy, broccoli/broccoli microgreens, goat's milk gouda cheese, red radish, Plain goat's milk yoghurt - 1/2 cup (add your own toppings), Real raw sauerkraut (one serving is 2 rounded T), ginger kombucha.
Travel tips to reduce the effects of flying:
I heard an interview with Dr. Judy Mikovits, when she mentioned that we don't get sick on planes because of the air quality - it's the radiation from the altitude. The first 3 points below should keep you healthier during the flight! All modes of transportation can be very stressful - even modern cruise ships are fully equipped with 5G.
- Do the 6 Universal Foot Reflex Zones treatment on the plane, and after you arrive. On the plane focus on zone 4 and 6, but do all zones in order.
- When traveling especially in planes, wear a cashmere or silk pashmina, or scarf scarf tied around your neck, covering your upper center chest. You could also wear a cashmere sweater with a higher neckline that covers your upper chest. These supportive fabrics have a protective effect on the thymus gland (upper center chest) from EMF exposure.
- Avoid wearing polyester especially when traveling - it has a negative impact on the body's energy levels. Travel with a small bottle of your diluted Oil of Oregano to use on your thymus area. You can even bring a bottle of organic oregano seasoning to sprinkle on to your restaurant food.
- Bring at least one grounding tool for your hotel, such as a mat to place under your bottom sheet, which is small and easy to pack. (Don't worry - the maids will not accidentally remove it as it is black and has a cord!) Note that depending where you are going you may need a special adapter for the plug - ask your supplier what you need.
- The Home - reducing EMF exposure
- Magnesium cream recipe
Simple Strategies to reduce your EMF exposure!
The first priority is to decrease your EMF exposure at home, so your home can be a place of healthy regeneration. You can do this by adopting a few simple habits to protect yourself and family as much as possible. Here are some basic strategies to begin with.
What are the main sources of EMF’s in the home?
Wifi router, baby monitor, TV box, blue tooth, wireless technology, appliances (especially smart appliances), smart meter (normally outdoors, but a have found them indoors - this is a major source, and very underestimated in it’s damage), LED and fluorescent lighting, computer/printer, cell phone, appliances and live cords, wireless house phones, dimmers, and home wiring in itself are all factors. Wire spring mattresses are even a factor as they pick up the electric field from internal wall wiring. There are so many sources, but there are basic, simple strategies to reduce their impact.
1. Fabrics we wear: Wearing natural fibers and using only natural fibers in bedding is a quick way to increase your EMF tolerance by reducing stress on your body. See details in Part B.
2. Bedroom and Wifi. Switch off your wifi when you go to bed and put your phone on airplane mode - your alarm will still work! To make compliance easier, you can buy an on/off outlet remote at most big box home stores, and keep it on your bedside table.
Make sure you have a foam or natural mattress, (preferably organic to avoid toxic foam offgassing), and wooden bed frame, preferably with wooden slats. Avoid metal bedframes and headboards. Use 100% cotton, bamboo, or other natural fiber sheets - no polyester including comforter filling. Remove clock radio and any other electronic devices.
3. Avoid using Bluetoothand wireless devices, including (especially) in the car, as these frequencies are amplified by being in essentially a metal cage.
4. Cell phone:
- At night keep it on airplane mode
- when you are not using it, keep it in airplane mode. You can always turn it on to check for calls.
- Never wear it on your body unless in airplane mode. (Leather and wood have absorbing properties for EMF, so keep it in a real wood or leather case, or purse/"man bag".)
- Keep your phone it at least 3 ft away from your bed at night, always in airplane mode.
- When using the phone always use it on speaker and don't hold it in your hand. Get a small stand for it that you can hold to carry it, and sit it on the table when using it. This is especially handy for video calling, and you can keep it several feet away from you.
5. Use a windup or automatic watch. Avoid battery watches which emit a stead flow of radiation into your wrist - especially smart watches. Watch batteries are a significant source of stress as they are against your skin. Watches also normally contain metals - especially metal bands, should be avoided. (Carry a cell phone on airplane mode.)
6. Kitchen appliances: Keep appliances unplugged when not in use. Avoid microwave ovens which produce radiations even when switched off. Replace them with toaster or steam ovens. Avoid microwave use. If you have a build in microwave that you cannot unplug, at least use a 3 hole resonator from bio-magnetic research beside the LED readout. (below) Ovens are also hotbeds for EMF's - place a resonator beside the LED readout.
7. Hard wire your home computer and avoid wireless accessories, bluetooth, and use corded land line phones - cordless phone and bases are one of the worst sources of EMFs. If you still have a clock radio, remove it – even your cell phone on airplane mode is a preferable alarm.
8. Avoid LED and fluorescent lighting, or combine with natural or incandescent light. This is vital, especially for reading. Use either halogen or incandescent bulbs where possible, which are close to full spectrum and when charted, have a smooth natural light spectrum curve. LED wavelengths have un-natural spikes and gaps caused by the continuous pulsing of the bulbs.
Incandescent bulbs are only available as specialty "appliance bulbs" but you can still get them in most common sizes. The kitchen stove top fan is often incandescent or halogen so you can use that - if yours is, keep it switched on if using LED light, to "dilute" the pulsing of the LED. I you must use LED, such as pot lighting in your ceilings, be sure to use "warm" LED bulbs, and keep their use to a minimum.
If you must use LED bulbs, don't switch them on until you have to, and put incandescent bulbs in your lamps to help balance the light. LED light is most harmful when it is the only light source, such as at night. Don't use switch on LED lights unless you have to, and when you do, make sure there is another lighting source, such as natural daylight, incandescent, or halogen lights switched on along with it to "dilute" the pulsing frequencies.
NOTE: As a child, my parents' home had only indirect fluorescent lighting. Some rooms had birch paneling, and I was fine in these rooms, which in retrospect leads me to believe that soft wood absorbed the radiation to some degree. (Hardwood floors such as oak do not appear to have the same effect.) In painted rooms, even as a child, I couldn't tolerate the lights and used only my small incandescent reading and desk lamps. My experience is with birch, but I suspect other soft woods such as pine would also work.
Simple EMF mitigation tools to buy for use in your home:
- Biomagnetic Research "3 hole dot resonator Tabs"
- Snake Plants:
- Grounding Tools
1. “3 hole star resonator tabs” from Biomagnetic Research: They are an effective way to neutralize the effect of radiations from smart meters (see photo above) which are especially stressful, TV boxes, wifi extenders, computers, monitors, glass domed gas detectors, printers, oven, and of course microwave ovens (which should be removed from your home.. Use a steam oven instead). The average home would need roughly 10 tabs, depending on the number of TVs in your home. These are quarter sized stick on tabs made from rare earths and ceramic, and are very effective in neutralising stressful frequencies. They do not remove the frequency so you will still get a reading if you use a measuring device, but they very effectively transform it into a more harmless state which does not cause stress to the body.
Remember your neighbours! Locate your neighbour’s smart meter. If it is visible from your windows, then it is affecting you, since glass does not block radiation.
In this case, ask your neighbour if you can place a resonator tab on it... it will benefit them as well! (My neighbour was very pleased!)
2. Use Sansevieria Plants (snake plant) to Harmonise Home Energy
This could be a priority to improve the harmony of your home environment. Sansevieria do not block radiations in the same way as the blue 3 hole resonator tabs, but these useful and hardy plants harmonise the energy in your home, including measurable reducing stressful impact from EMF. Sansevieria are commonly know as the “snake plant”. NASA has found this plant very effective in improving air quality, but it also has the added property of harmonizing radiations and energies in your home. It does not neutralise radiation, but it "harmonises" it so they have less of an impact.
The variety we use has all green leaves – darker green with a lighter green
“snakeskin” pattern on the leaves. (Sansevieria with yellow edges on the leave DO NOT work - this variety does not have the same harmonising properties.) Place them in a white ceramic or plastic pot (to take advantage of the Feng Shui 5 elements) - never metal. You can typically buy sansevieria in large DIY stores and nurseries.
Sansevieria require good drainage and modest watering every 2-3 weeks. It's a very useful plant as it does well even in low lighting situations such as basements and media rooms – you will often see them in shopping malls and medical offices with no natural light at all. As a rule of thumb:
- If on a budget or you can't find enough of them, start with 3 plants - 2 in the bedroom on bedside end tables, and one in the kitchen, such as on an island, kitchen bar, or under the cabinet beside the refrigerator. In this case you can buy a shorter breed of sansevieria to fit under the cabinet.
- use 2 Sansevieria in the kitchen close to where you spend the most time
- use 2 in a study very close to the computer or monitor, or at least one on a work office desk
- use one in dining room, such as on a buffet
- use one in the living room or sitting room, entry
- Bedrooms: Its peaceful calming energy is even suitable to use on end tables in bedrooms – especially childrens’ bedrooms if there are computers or electronics. If a child has a computer in their room, it should be hard wired, and power bar switched off at night. Use one sansevieria on their desk and one on their bedside end table.
3. Install basic grounding tools in your home, such as a grounding mat at the computer, and pillow case over your pillow. (Use this under your present cotton pillow case - cotton is conductive.) Grounding is an absolute priority for electro sensitive people, and are a good option for winter when it may not be possible to sit outside in bare feet! These do not of course eliminate EMFs in the home, but grounding tools reduce exposure when you are in contact with them and exposed to EMF's. For example there is a video on groundology.co.uk where he uses a meter to demonstrate body voltage at the comuputer, with and without being grounded. Without touching the grounding mat he measures body voltage of 23 picked up from the computer, when in contact with the grounding mat, his body voltage is almost 0.
Personally I use a grounding mat at the computer, and have a pillowcase and half sheet for the bed. If you have dirty electricity in your home (meters can identify this) use a grounding rod with a plug splitter so you can plug 2 items into one grounding rod. There is concern that there may be electrical fields in the earth, or dirty electricity in the home, but personally I have not experienced this with myself or anyone I have worked with.
Make your own Magnesium Mineral Cream!
If you can't make this cream right away, you can go out and purchase magnesium spray from a healthy food store, and spray 3 x on the thymus area, twice a day. But I have found that actually this cream tests much better - perhaps because it has more ingredients which work well together. (It is normal that magnesium spray can prickle a bit on some people. In this case, spray in on, then rub it around a bit with a wet hand to dilute it.)
Magnesium is much better absorbed topically than through the digestive tract. I created this cream years ago, and have found it is also wonderful as a skin cream. A little goes a lot way - you only need a scant 1/8 tsp massaged into the upper chest and throat, then pat the excess on your face as it is good for your skin. If you have sore joints or muscles such as knees, hands, or back, you can also apply it there as an extra. One person told me she loves to use it on the soles of her feet!
This cream is superior (and much cheaper) to anything commercially available that I have found. The ingredients work synergistically together to create a gentle but powerful topical supplement. It is vital that all ingredients are organic because this is a vibrational type of cream - any chemicals and impurities will destroy it's integrity.
(If you are not inclined to make it yourself, you can contact me for purchase.)
You Will Need....
1 litre/quart size pyrex measuring cup
1 T measuring spoon
3 unbleached tea bags (the kind used for loose tea)
Clip for the top of the tea bags
Saucepan (Small/medium) large enough to sit the 1L measuring cup into
Pyrex dish or bowl with cover to store the extra cream (2 cup size or larger)
Saucer, small dish, or 2 cup pyrex measuring cup to sit the bags in, to drain
Pyrex covered dish large enough to hold 400ml cream to be stored in the fridge
Small glass (or medical grade plastic) jar for your cream. Refill it as needed.
400 ml organic coconut oil
12 T Epsom Salts
8 T Himalayan salt
20 drops "D Drops" liquid vitamin D (Carlson vit. D drops in USA)
20 drops organic lavender oil
- Add water to the pot so the water reaches 1/3 to 1/2 way up the 1L measuring cup when it's places into the pot. Spoon the (hard or semi-hard) coconut oil into the pyrex measuring cup. Turn up the heat to melt the coconut oil.
- Measure 4 T Epsom salts and 4 T Himalayan salt each into 2 tea bags, and 4 T Espom salt into the 3rd tea bag. Clip them together at the top, separately or together depending on your clips.
- Remove the measuring cup from the pan and immerse the tea bags into the melted hot coconut oil so they are completely covered. Holding the clips, slowly and gently agitate them up and down in the oil for 5 minutes, keeping them under the oil. You want to encourage complete saturation of the oil through the minerals.
- After 5 minutes, Remove the bags from the oil and place on the saucer or smaller measuring cup - they will drain a bit more over the next few minutes and you can add this to the measuring cup before you pour the oil into the containers.
- Add the vitamin D drops and organic lavender oil to the mineral oil. Stir gently a few times to blend, adding any extra oil that has drained from the bags. Pour into the cream jar, and pour the rest into the pyrex container to store in the refrigerator. Discard teabags.
That's it! Your jar does not need to be refrigerated so you can keep it in the bathroom. I prefer to keep the extra in the fridge to maintain freshness. NOTE: coconut oil melts at about 75oF, so if you are travelling or live in a warm climate and find your cream is usually liquid, you can pour it into a dark glass bottle and use it in liquid form from that. Glass bottles are often available from stores that sell essential oils, or pharmacies. Containers must be glass or medical grade plastic, because chemicals from plastics leach into the oil.
EMF senstivity is a real condition.
Dr. Randy Pausch (this link is not related to EMF info, but is here as an example as a situation that perhaps could have been avoided had we known more.)
Dr. Magda Havas
Click link and scroll down to interview with Dr. Martin Pall
shitake mushroom https://news.usask.ca/articles/research/2017/mushroom-cap-and-shield-professor-uses-fungi-to-protect-against-radiation.php#:~:text=Fungi%20such%20as%20mushrooms%20contain,in%20areas%20of%20radiation%20exposure.